How will student groups participate?
It starts with the Pray, Invite, Bring, strategy:
- Pray: Your students identify who they would like to see come into a relationship with Jesus Christ and begin regularly praying.
- Invite: Your ministry will be provided with invitations and other promotional resources to help invite those your students have been praying for.
- Bring: When possible, your students will offer to bring those they have invited to the event. (Most of the people who respond at a Harvest event were brought by a friend.)
For those who want to be further involved, there are a variety of ways to serve at the event.
Your students will be blessed as they bless others through:
- Decision-Follow-up: A follow-up worker is simply a Christian who is willing to be a five-minute friend to someone who has just made a profession of faith at Harvest America. Follow-up workers will be trained beforehand so they know what to do and what to say.
- Ushering: Ushers work as a team and help attendees find seats, filling the venue efficiently. They also assist with questions attendees may have, and pray for their section during the event.
- Greeter: Greeters are the first faces people will see when they enter the venue. Greeters pass out programs and offer a friendly smile.
Let us know you're interested in getting your ministry involved; we'd like to work with you personally on the best fit for your group. We'd also like to send you two free downloadable resources for personal evangelism development, G3 Tactical Guide and Unashamed: Sharing and Showing the Gospel.
Yes, I'd like to get our group involved!
Your information has been sent!
You should receive an e-mail shortly with your free downloadable resources. You will also be contacted by Brady Collins, the director of student and young adult mobilization for Harvest America. If you have any questions in the meantime, feel free to contact us.